Adopt a Classroom
Our Classroom Adoption Program pairs classrooms with local businesses, church groups, or college student organizations. This program builds relationships between the children at the school and the local community, and provides teachers with support and fellowship.
Some adoption activity ideas:
- Mid-year pizza party
- Reading aloud to the class
- Pen Pal letter writing for students struggling with reading/writing
- Providing back-to-school supplies
- Sharing the hobbies of your staff
- Providing students with 1-on-1 mentors
- Throwing a holiday party at a restaurant to engage parents in their children’s education
We match each adoptive partner with a particular classroom at the school. We then ask that they agree to a couple interactions with the class each semester. An interaction could be a simple visit or a larger planned event. Interactions can also be unique to the adoptive partner—a doctor’s office, for instance, might send a staff member into the class for a fun health-based activity or a talk on careers in the medical field, and bring along little goody bags or treats.
These relationships make a big difference in classroom dynamics, give the kids something to look forward to and motivate them, support and encourage teachers, and enrich the lives of the adoptive partner participants.
If your office or organization is interested in adopting a classroom send us a message using the form below!